Teldrassil is an island and great tree off Kalimdor's northern coast. It is the new home of the reclusive night elves and a stunning testament to the power of their magic and connection with nature.
It was here that the Circle of the Ancients and the wise druids pooled their power to create another World Tree, but on a smaller scale. They called this tree Teldrassil ("crown of the earth") and built their city of Darnassus in its branches. The island takes the name of the "tree" as well, and a twilit forest now covers it.
Teldrassil is truly massive, a huge trunk rising out of the sea and holding the entire night elf homeland, and the capital of Darnassus, in its boughs. The enterprise was not blessed by all of the Aspects, unlike its predecessor. Regardless, the behemoth of a tree dwarfs Nordrassil, large enough that a decent amount of land has emerged atop its gargantuan limbs. Trees, flora, and fauna are now verdantly spreading across the magical tree.
The majority of Teldrassil's upper reaches is open forest and it resembles a mid-sized forested island. Darnassus takes up a large chunk on the western side of this island, while the smaller cities of Aldrassil and Dolanaar dot the remaining forest. All forms of terrain exist here, including streams, full-sized lakes, and a few hills that might be considered mountains.
- Darnassus: portal (to Rut'theran Village)
- Rut'theran Village: flight master, portal (to Darnassus), and boat (to Stormwind)
- Darkshore (L10-20): Predominantly Alliance, considered a Contested zone. Located southeast of Teldrassil, it can be accessed by using swim speed and health potions or by flight master for the Alliance.
- Tenaron Stormgrip
- Tallonkai Swiftroot
- Cloth: Linen Cloth
- Herbs: Peacebloom, Silverleaf, Earthroot, Mageroyal
- Leather: Ruined Leather Scraps, Light Leather, Light Hide
- Ore: Copper Vein
Note: Though there are no pools, the waters in and around Teldrassil can be fished successfully with a minimum skill of 25.
- At the tree's base there are some pieces of wooded land between its roots, one of which has an abandoned furbolg house on it, as well as Rut'theran Village.
For lore, or modern information about this topic, visit this article on WoWWiki (click here).
|Subzones of Teldrassil|
|Aldrassil · Ban'ethil Barrow Den · Ban'ethil Hollow · The Cleft · Darnassus · Dolanaar · Fel Rock · Gnarlpine Hold · Lake Al'Ameth · The Oracle Glade · Pools of Arlithrien · Rut'theran Village · Shadowglen · Shadowthread Cave · Starbreeze Village · The Veiled Sea · Wellspring Lake · Wellspring River|
|Zones of Kalimdor|
|Ashenvale · Azshara · Darkshore · Darnassus · Desolace · Durotar · Dustwallow Marsh · Felwood · Feralas · Moonglade · Mulgore · Orgrimmar · Silithus · Stonetalon Mountains · Tanaris · Teldrassil · Thousand Needles · Thunder Bluff · The Barrens · Un'Goro Crater · Winterspring|