Westfall borders the Kingdom of Stormwind, populated by humans not under the Alliance’s complete control. The region was stolen right under the Alliance’s nose by its own people. This land has lain fallow since after the Second War, but is now held by the Defias Brotherhood. Stormwind claims the land, but it has found little time to be concerned with it, with insufficient funds and might to retake the region. A handful of farmers try to keep their land, and some even attempt a tithe to Stormwind, but most only grow enough to feed themselves.
Westfall is a region of rolling pastures and farms, barren with drought and maltreatment. Fields are infested with carrion birds and rogue harvest watchers. The outlawed Defias Brotherhood possess a large mine with an entrance somewhere in the small town of Moonbrook, and they have connections with kobolds that occupy Jangolode Mine.
|Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
The Alliance has access to a flight path at Sentinel Hill.
- Elwynn Forest (L1-12): Alliance zone. Located northeast of Westfall, it can be accessed by foot or by flight path from Sentinel Hill.
- Duskwood (L20-30): Predominantly Alliance, considered a Contested zone. Located east of Westfall, it can be accessed by flight path from Sentinel Hill.
- Stranglethorn Vale (L30-45): Contested zone. Located south of Westfall, it can be accessed by swimming southeast along the river, swimming southwest along the coast, or flight path from Sentinel Hill.
- Cloth: Linen Cloth, Wool Cloth
- Herbs: Peacebloom, Silverleaf, Earthroot, Mageroyal, Swiftthistle, Briarthorn, Stranglekelp, Bruiseweed
- Leather: Ruined Leather Scraps, Light Leather, Medium Leather
- Ore: Copper Vein, Tin Vein, Silver Vein
- Dropped items in this area and their purpose:
- Oil: Used for the Lighthouse quest just offshore from the southwest tip of Westfall;
- Hops: Used for a brewing quest available south of Moonbrook in the Dagger Hills;
- Goretusk Snout, Murloc Eye, Stringy Vulture Meat: Used for Westfall Stew recipe at Saldean's Farm.
- Okra: Needed for Westfall Stew quest, but not an actual ingredient in Westfall Stew.
- In northwestern Westfall, running along the cliff, there is a lone windmill with a tiny shack at its base. It is surrounded by 6-7 Defias mobs, levels 12-13, which respawn immediately upon death. Due to the difficulty (relative to player level) of fighting them, you should probably be level 24 or higher before taking them on. Grinding on these Defias at a high level can be useful for:
- Grinding or maxing new weapon proficiencies.
- Farming Linen (about 100 linen in just 5 minutes).
- Farming for Large Rope Nets that will occasionally drop.
- The fastest way for an Alliance character to get to Yojamba Isle in Stranglethorn Vale is by flying to Sentinel Hill, riding across Westfall, or swimming south around the bend.
- Items that include Weestfall in their name are the Chausses of Westfall and Tunic of Westfall.
For lore, or modern information about this topic, visit this article on WoWWiki (click here).
Regions of the Eastern Kingdoms
|Alterac Mountains · Arathi Highlands · Badlands · Blackrock Mountain · Blasted Lands · Burning Steppes · Deadwind Pass · Dun Morogh · Duskwood · Eastern Plaguelands · Elwynn Forest · Hillsbrad Foothills · The Hinterlands · Ironforge · Loch Modan · Redridge Mountains · Searing Gorge · Silverpine Forest · Stormwind · Stranglethorn Vale · Swamp of Sorrows · Tirisfal Glades · Undercity · Western Plaguelands · Westfall · Wetlands|